|Unlock Requirement||Level 15 Old Faithful|
|Starting Weapon||Training Shotgun|
|Secondary||Aura of Attack|
|Initial Stats (Base Stats)|
+2.4% Armor per Level
+9% Damage per Level
+75% Bash Damage per Level
+33.3% Turn Rate while superspeeding
A close combat attacker with a devastating energized charge. Early losses by the Rebellion showed a need for an effective deterrent to the Empire's overwhelming numerical superiority.
The Assault is a class in Steambirds Alliance.
The Assault has one maneuver, Bash, with a Steam cost of 19 --- this maneuver is activated using the Maneuver input (on keyboard, S key by default). On activation, the Assault quickly charges forward, dealing heavy damage to all enemies it hits and taking 40% less damage (multiplicative with other sources of damage reduction) for the maneuver's 0.19-second duration. The Assault cannot turn or superspeed during a Bash, but it can still shoot its Primary Weapon and activate its Secondary ability.
Bash's contact damage, called Bash Damage, starts at 24 base Physical damage and increases significantly as the Assault levels up. Additionally, Bash Damage is further modified by Damage multiplier to produce the final damage dealt to enemies.
The Assault has the following non-elemental upgrade limits (and the associated numerical effects at these limits):
- Damage: 40 (+40%)
- Armor: 50 (+50)
- Armor Self-Repair: 30 (+0.18/s)
- Max Steam: 10 (+10)
- Steam Recharge: 50 (+0.2/s)
- Super Speed: 25 (+1.25)
Pilot Skills in the following group are only active while flying an Assault:
|Skill Tier||Pilot Rank||Assault Level||Option A||Option B|
Buying the Round
- Assault 3-B increases the duration of clouds created by Auras of Attack by +50%.
- Assault 4-B significantly reduces the time required to reload Shotguns while the Assault has less than 50% Armor.
- At level 1 with its T0 initial loadout, the Assault will have Armor, Damage and Bash Damage values of, respectively, ~16.9, 109% and ~43.7 due to the effects of plane and leveling multipliers.
Tier 1 (Common) Variants
- Spicy Pepper: All pilots know the name Pepper. She takes cash up front and she doesn't do requests. It is flames or nothing.
- Snow Plow: The North division has their own anti-corrosion paint. The brittle cold and salted runways wreak havoc on those wimpy southern craft.
- Quiet Bull: Felines with their inferior eyesight never see the Bull until it is too late. Photophosphors scavenged from deep cave fungi create the plane's unique colors.
- Tiger's Eye: Radiant, unblinking. It compels you to match its gaze and be mesmerized. The last thing you see is a thing of such beauty.
Tier 2 (Rare) Variants
- Tusker: This is what happens when a crew of good old birds with a machine shop discover a pirate's stash of 1835 LeTigre Absinthe. Smashing.
- Yewnoda Drill: The whole Rebel-thing doesn't pay, so many have scavengers jobs on the side. This Mining Assault can burrow deep into the dangerous layers of ruins.
- Mudslide: Hard to say if this plane has never been washed or if it's just painted to look that way.
Tier 3 (Epic) Variants
- Ghost Assault: Though many of their arts relied on silence, the nuns of St. Avem knew of a forbidden chant. When executed at exactly the correct frequency, autopsies revealed brains turned black with terror.
- Avalanche: Alpinists strike a one-sided deal with the mountain: tread lightly or be buried alive.
- Rusty Spear: Farmers dig up long buried weapons from their fields once there's nothing to do but fight.
- Royal Spike: A ghastly implement, built by reluctant engineers to satisfy a sadistic noble's whim.