|Unlock Requirement||Level 20 Engineer|
|Starting Weapon||Training Sniper|
|Secondary||Aura of Attack|
|Maneuver||Spin Attack, Dust Trail|
|Initial Stats (Base Stats)|
+2.4% Armor per Level
+14% Damage per Level
+33.3% Turn Rate while superspeeding
A civilian crop Duster retrofitted with massive rear capacitors. Excels at running away.
The Duster is a class in Steambirds Alliance.
The Duster has two maneuvers, Dust Trail and Spin Attack. Both maneuvers fire bullets which are modified by Damage multiplier.
Dust Trail, active whenever the Duster is superspeeding, fires slow-moving (non-zero Range) or stationary (zero Range) bullets behind the Duster based on the item rank of its Engine. (T0 Dust Trail has a 20-shot clip and a 2-second cooldown; all other Dust Trails never need to reload.)
Spin Attack, with a Steam cost of 11 and a 3-second internal cooldown (indicated by shading on the plane's Armor slot), is the Duster's active-use maneuver.
When Spin Attack is activated using the Maneuver input (on keyboard, S key by default), the Duster shoots a semi-circular spread of slow-moving, enemy-piercing bullets as it turns around on the spot (presumably by tilting its rudder all the way to one side). Base damage and number of shots depends on the item rank of the Duster's current Armor (ELEM and SPEC Armor count as Tier 10 for the purposes of choosing Spin Attack's firing pattern).
Attempting to activate Spin Attack while it is on cooldown will instead consume 3 Steam (rather than the usual 11 Steam) and cause the Duster to perform the alternate maneuver Flip 180°, turning the plane around without firing any bullets.
|Armor Rank||Shots||Physical||Range||Shots x Physical||Firing Arc (°)|
The Duster has the following non-elemental upgrade limits (and the associated numerical effects at these limits):
- Damage: 40 (+40%)
- Armor: 50 (+50)
- Armor Self-Repair: 50 (+0.3/s)
- Max Steam: 10 (+10)
- Steam Recharge: 50 (+0.2/s)
- Super Speed: 25 (+1.25)
|Skill Tier||Pilot Rank||Duster Level||Option A||Option B|
- At level 1 with its T0 initial loadout, the Duster will have Armor and Damage values of, respectively, ~15.4 and 114% due to the effects of leveling multipliers.
- Duster currently has a much higher leveling multiplier for Damage compared to those of other Classes. No official notes were given when it was boosted from its old +4% per level value, so it is not known for sure whether the current value is intended.
- Opening the chat box then closing it, superspeeding, and quickly using Spin Attack will make the bullets shoot in front of the plane, but the plane will not flip 180°.
Tier 1 (Common) Variants
- Feather Duster: Once maintained by an elderly grounds keeper in employ of a drooling duchess. Her entire estate was various shades of pastel due to a dictate she'd issue just as the brain worms hatched. And thus never rescinded. The grounds keeper would dutifully repaint the decorations once a year and took immense pride in his craft.
- Gassy Lassy: Immense plumes of fragrant essence bloom forth from her billowy beautacious bum. Men and women cannot help but swoon.
- Cropper: Never in the history of bird-kind has a more mundane junker been tarted up to such an unfortunate degree. The result is some form of art.
- Liger: Some farmers like animal prints. They are less rare than you might imagine, though usually keep their predilections closeted in a den or private basement. A few are more forthright in declaring their bold, beautiful love.
Tier 2 (Rare) Variants
- TheSeventyFour: Back in 74, 'Essy' Dunderforth spotted Imperial contrails arrowing in on the nearby town. Her modded crop duster plus some truly raucous whooping convinced them they'd made a horrible mistake. 45 kills, 0 losses.
- Spray N' Pray: Mercy Williams wasn't the smartest duck in the pond. He was fond of saying 'Shoot them guns hard enough and yer bound to hit something.'
- Militia: There's a strange cult of rural would-be-warriors who get together on weekends, drink corn liquor, puff up their chests and brag loudly about How-Things-Would-Go if there was an apocalypse. Strangely, the apocalypse is happening right now, yet these blowhards still manage to do nothing useful or constructive.
Tier 3 (Epic) Variants
- Ghost Duster: Before she joined the Order, she was a drunken mechanic. Trapped in a wheelchair due to that horrible accident involving a coffin, 3-tons of freshly harvested sweet potatoes and an amorous parrot.
- The Sympathizer: She slid the food under the cell door. The poison worked more slowly than expected.
- The Friend: In this final calculus, all that matters are bonds we forged along the way. Make good friends; all other measures of success are self-serving lies.
- Daddy-O: As his plane fell, he thought of his unborn child.