|Unlock Requirement||Level 20 Bandit|
|Starting Weapon||Junk Laser|
|Initial Stats (Base Stats)|
+4% Damage per Level
+2.4% Armor per Level
x0.4 Turn Rate while superspeeding
The birds moth-balled their ground artillery when they ceded the poisoned soil. But Avian engineers abhor wasted firepower, so this unlikely flying tank was born.
The Siege Tank is a class in Steambirds Alliance.
The Siege Tank has one maneuver, Siege, which drains 5 Steam per second while active (referred to as being in siege mode) and automatically deactivates if the plane hits 0 Steam --- this maneuver is activated and manually deactivated using the Maneuver input (on keyboard, E key by default).
On activation, the Siege Tank deploys a cannon and rotates its four propeller nacelles downward, temporarily gaining +50% Damage and +175% Range but losing the ability to move or use its Flak Cannon. While in siege mode, the Siege Tank also creates a persistent cloud at its location with the effects of a T0 Aura of Attack, doubling bullets fired but applying a 0.65x modifier to fire rate. De-activating Siege causes the Siege Tank to retract its cannon and rotate its nacelles back to their initial orientation, regaining the ability to move and use Flak Cannons but losing siege mode's benefits.
The Siege Tank has the following non-elemental upgrade limits (and the associated numerical effects at these limits):
- Damage: 40 (+40%)
- Armor: 30 (+30)
- Armor Self-Repair: 30 (+0.36/s)
- Max Steam: 10 (+10)
- Steam Recharge: 40 (+0.16/s)
- Super Speed: 25 (+1.5)
|Skill Tier||Pilot Rank||Option A||Option B|
Bunker in a Box
Bunker Buster 2000+
- At level 1 with its T0 initial loadout, the Siege Tank will have Armor, Damage and Steam Recharge values of, respectively, ~8.2, ~94% and 1.4/sec due to the effects of plane and leveling multipliers and Flak Cannon's passive bonus to Steam Recharge.
- The Siege Tank takes 1.5 seconds to activate siege mode and 0.8 seconds to deactivate it using the maneuver key. However, initiating and cancelling a chat message during siege mode cancels it without incurring the deactivation delay.
Tier 1 (Common) Variants
- Pepper Tank: Never, ever call Pepper a crow. And none of those New Caledonian compliments. Like her mama said, grackles ain't crows. And even with all the Equalizing and Uplifting, there's a certain amount of pride that goes with being a smaller icterid.
- Grind Tank: The birds moth-balled their ground artillery when they ceded the poisoned soil. But Avian engineers abhor wasted firepower, so this unlikely flying tank was born.
- Celestia: The motto of the anti-propagandist Famous Personages Long Range Assassination Unit is 'Aim for the Stars'
- Queenie: In the final days of the Republic, there was a fashion trend where young, attractive birds would pluck all the feathers from their heads and then draw in boldly colored eyebrows. Such abundance of spirit feels alien to this modern age.
Tier 2 (Rare) Variants
- Bird Lust: Known for their dyed plumage and eroticized shoe collections, the ladies and bois of the famed Artillery Wenches always make an entrance.
- Old Timer: Come middle age, you stand at the edge of a curious abyss. Not a straight plunge, but a soft slope going downward forever. If you trip, you will start to tumble and nothing will stop you.
- Camo Tank: A forest glade filled with dappled light caught the scout's eye. How could such serenity exist within the maelstrom of war? The patterns of shadow shifted and the hidden tank's massive turret clicked into view. Oh, mused the scout as the hot shell sped his way, peace and beauty are but dreams.
Tier 3 (Epic) Variants
- Ghost Ram: After the betrayal, a squadron of the Order's siege tanks found themselves hiding at a small mountain monastery. Draining more than their fair share of the monks' ale supply, the pilots became convinced that the judgmental mountain goats were clearly their spirit animals.
- Lover: No one speaks of love stories. The frantic warning. The escape in the night. The arithmetic of one more life jacket, one more minute, one more eternity. Know this: The fire burns. Long after hope has died.
- Ugly Tom: Some people are born ugly. Ugly on the outside. Ugly on the inside. Others are made ugly. It seeps in, one bad choice at a time.
- Ice Storm: Ice storm of '19 cut off a group of mechanics on a remote base. Food was running low, so to keep spirits up, they held a little plane painting contest. The group pledged, if they were rescued, to never reveal the fate of the loser. Winner winner got a chicken dinner.