From Steambirds Alliance Wiki
|Fusion Material||Dark Steel|
Zed Dragon is a Special (SPEC) Weapon.
T9 variants have 90% of T10 damage values.
|Shots||Physical||RoF||Range||Sync Offset (sec)||Ammo (Threshold)||Cooldown||Description|
|1||120 + 114 Lightning||10||9.75||0||1 (2)||3||Fires kinetic energy. Designed by a master of aerial arts. (Hold down fire button for rapid fire)|
|1||7 + 5.7 Lightning||10||9||0||1 (2)||3|
- Top row describes the large shot's trail while middle row describes its glowing head. Both parts of the large shot pierce through enemies and destructible obstacles.
- Bottom row describes rapid-fire weapon function. This firing mode has a 20° cone of fire, and its bullets do not pierce.
- Zed Dragon continuously cycles through three firing patterns while the Fire input is held down, starting the final firing pattern at a specific time offset relative to the start of the first two firing patterns. The initial press of the Fire input always fires the first firing pattern.
- The first two firing patterns always activate simultaneously, shooting a massive energy projection. The first firing pattern shoots the projection's tail while the second firing pattern shoots its glowing head.
- The final firing pattern rapidly shoots two-round bursts over a 20° spread.
- The ammo gauge beneath the player only tracks the status of the first firing pattern.
- Switching to another weapon while in the middle of firing Zed Dragon, due to the nature of anti-exploit mechanics, forces the player to wait out the SPEC weapon's large-shot cooldown before the new weapon can be fired.
Ammo, Cooldown and RoF modifiers can cause Zed Dragon's firing patterns to overlap.
- Increasing Ammo and reducing RoF tend to increase overlap of adjacent firing patterns.
- Reducing Cooldown tends to increase overlap of early firing patterns with late firing patterns of a previous cycle.
- Zed Dragon's large shot has an unusually high proportion of Lightning damage for a hybrid-damage weapon.
- Without upgrades, Zed Dragon's large shot deals 100% base damage to neutral targets, ~149% base damage to weak targets and ~76% base damage to resistant targets.
- With maxed Lightning damage upgrades, Zed Dragon's large shot deals ~123% base damage to neutral targets, ~195% base damage to weak targets and ~87% base damage to resistant targets.
- Compared to Phase Ray (T10 Laser), T10 Zed Dragon suffers from a reload mechanic and a short range on its rapid-fire function (~52% less than that of Phase Ray's outer shots). However, the SPEC weapon's large shot pierces through enemies, and its rapid-fire function discharges bullets ~33% faster (compared to T10 Laser's two-shot firing pattern).
- T10 Zed Dragon's large shot deals ~435% more damage than Phase Ray's center shot.
- T10 Zed Dragon's rapid-fire bullets deal ~19% less damage than Phase Ray's outer shots.
With Maxed Elemental Damage Upgrades
- T10 Zed Dragon's large shot deals ~489% more damage than Phase Ray's center shot.
- T10 Zed Dragon's rapid-fire bullets deal ~27% less damage than Phase Ray's outer shots.
- Without Upgrades