Gold is the premium currency in Steambirds Alliance. It can be used to buy paint, trails, variants, XP boosters, and other kits. Can also be used as a trading currency.
The following Gold packages are currently available for purchase within the "Buy currency" section of the Store.
- Used to buy low-tier paint, trails, plane variants, weapons and armor. Can also be used as a trading fee.
- Acquired through missions, Meowza-associated bosses and plane retirement.
- Obtained by recycling equipment.
- Used to reforge and supercharge equipment.
Items follow a formula for their scrap values:
- Tier 0: '1'
- Tier 1: '1'
- Tier 2: '5'
- Tier 3: '10'
- Tier 4: '25'
- Tier 5: '50'
- Tier 6: '200'
- Tier 7: '400'
- Tier 8: '800'
- Tier 9: '2000'
- Tier 10: '5000'
- ELEM 1 : '5000'
- SPEC 1 : '7500'
- Rare Items: 1.5 x Tier
- Epic Items: 2.25 x Tier
- Legendary Items: 3.375 x Tier
- Crafted Items start off at Epic
When trading items to other players, it is sometimes necessary to pay a fee to complete the transaction. The fee can be paid by either person in full, or split equally using either Iron or Gold. Depending on the item and the price asked, fees can range from 4 Gold or 50 Iron, to several thousand of either currency.
- Items which do NOT incur a trading fee:
- T0-10 equipment
- Grade I ELEM, Crafted and SPEC equipment
- Self-Repair Juice, Steam Turbochargers
- Gold-bought or crafted cosmetics
- Quest or Special Event items
- Items which DO incur a trading fee:
- Grade II and III ELEM, Crafted and SPEC equipment
- Elemental Defense and Attack upgrades, Nanites, Armor Stiffeners, Fusion Capacitors, Barrel Dopants, Cowl Lubes