|Unlock Requirement||Level 20 Hog|
|Starting Weapon||Baby Wasp|
|Primary Weapons||Wasp, Blaster|
|Initial Stats (Base Stats)|
|Steam Recharge||1.2/s (0.4/s)|
+2.4% Armor per Level
+4% Damage per Level
+200% Steam Recharge
+33.3% Turn Rate while superspeeding
Before the great aerial Docks burned, engineering planes helped build the legendary floating capital ships. Now, they deploy drones in direct combat
The Engineer is a class in Steambirds Alliance.
The Engineer has one maneuver, teleportToTurret, with a Steam cost of 8. On activation, the Engineer warps to the location of the newest placed turret, maintaining their initial facing. If no turrets in the current area belong to the caster, the maneuver consumes Steam but does nothing.
This maneuver is blocked by walls, limiting its effectiveness.
The Engineer has the following non-elemental upgrade limits (and the associated numerical effects at these limits):
- Damage: 40 (+40%)
- Armor: 35 (+35)
- Armor Self-Repair: 25 (+0.3/s)
- Max Steam: 20 (+20)
- Steam Recharge: 50 (+0.2/s)
- Super Speed: 25 (+1.25)
|Skill Tier||Pilot Rank||Option A||Option B|
Turret always turns towards your plane.
More the Merrier
Spirit of Spiner
- Engineer 1-B all but eliminates the Turret's weapon cooldown, increasing its DPS by 33%.
- At level 1 with its T0 initial loadout, the Engineer will have Armor, Damage and Steam Recharge values of, respectively, ~13.8, 124% and 1.2/s due to the effects of plane and leveling multipliers.
- Turrets used to have a rudimentary targeting system until complaints led to a rework.
Tier 1 (Common) Variants
- Gearhead: Being pragmatic birds of science, there's nothing magic about gears. But there is something sublime; an awesome infinite beauty that moves the soul.
- Breaker: Raw materials for new work come from salvaging old wrecks. The land's a layer cake of era, each with their own machines and mysteries. A breaker rips it all down, melts it, separates out the good stuff.
- Fixer: Before the great aerial Docks burned, engineering planes helped build the legendary floating capital ships. Now, they deploy drones in direct combat.
- Flamboyant Nerd: He knows how to talk. He knows how to dress. He knows how to build. Insufferable.
Tier 2 (Rare) Variants
- Specialist: A master engineer selects the right tool for the job. Or dynamite. Both work, for varying definitions of 'work'.
- Cogger: The Docks used a thousand different types of gears. Small brass ones, immense stone ones. A vast whirling steam ecosystem, turning, driving, breaking and building. The coggers loved them all. One day, they will rebuild them.
- Oil Monkey: Some birds scoff at hydraulics. Wise coggers know strange physics fractal outward at higher pressures. The dense fluids gain a mind of their own.
Tier 3 (Epic) Variants
- Ghost Engineer: Though they have no tongue and one cuffed foot is (by tradition) welded to the hangar floor, they excel at repairing the Order's clockwork masterpieces.
- Master Drafter: Engineering builds off stable foundations: tried and true solutions passed down through crafthouses for generations. Who drew out these meticulous original blueprints? Rendered with a hand so steady it might as well been a machine.
- Ice Cogger: In Early Uplift times, the poles were covered with mile-thick layers of ice. We know this from oral traditions of the far southern tribes like the p'guens and petrels. In deep glacial cities, proto-coggers built vast mechano-optical factories of refracting blue crystal.
- Philosopher's Epicyclic: A cogger myth tells of a gearing assemblage that predicts the future with unerring accuracy. Stars, moons, people crunched into numbers by a perfect, diabolical machine.