|Unlock Requirement||Level 15 Medic|
|Starting Weapon||Colombo Trainer|
|Primary Weapons||Machine Gun|
|Initial Stats (Base Stats)|
|Steam Recharge||0.6/s (0.4/s)|
+2.4% Armor per Level
+4% Damage per Level
+50% Steam Recharge
+33.3% Turn Rate while superspeeding
An immense hulk composed mostly of armor and field generators. The Hog shrugs off bullets as it barrels straight into the crossfire
The Hog is a class in Steambirds Alliance.
The Hog has one maneuver, Absorb, with a Steam cost of 30. On activation, the Hog generates a large bubble shield for 2.8 seconds, reducing damage taken from hits by 85% for the duration.
The Hog has the following non-elemental upgrade limits (and the associated numerical effects at these limits):
- Damage: 40 (+40%)
- Armor: 35 (+35)
- Armor Self-Repair: 20 (+0.24/s)
- Max Steam: 15 (+15)
- Steam Recharge: 55 (+0.22/s)
- Super Speed: 25 (+1.25)
|Skill Tier||Pilot Rank||Option A||Option B|
- At level 1 with its T0 initial loadout, the Hog will have Armor, Damage and Steam Recharge values of, respectively, ~16.9, 104% and 0.6/s due to the effects of plane and leveling multipliers.
Tier 1 (Common) Variants
- Porky Pepper: Like a flying bonfire, lighting the heavens. Pepper went through 6 barrels of paint on this one.
- Sulky Sow: When the academy recommends a recruit for flying a Hog, some take it the wrong way. Does it mean you excel at flying slow and getting shot? Of course not, but many pilots carry that doubt for years.
- Piglet: Hogs have commonly been sold as military surplus for use as civilian transports, only to be recommissioned to aid the war effort. This one belonged to a traveling circus for 6 years. The odor of hay and manure lingers.
- Zebra Pig: You can clean it up, put some color in its trail, spray it with some stripes, but it is still a Hog.
Tier 2 (Rare) Variants
- Boar: An immense hulk composed mostly of armor and field generators. Shrugs off bullets as it barrels straight into the crossfire.
- Glutton for Punishment: It takes a certain type to fly a plane designed to be pounded by enemy attacks. Sure, you say it's to protect your allies. Deep down though, a part of you likes it.
- Mud Sow: Never wrestle with The Mud Sow. You'll both get filthy, but the sow will enjoy it.
Tier 3 (Epic) Variants
- Ghost Hog: The Order of St. Avem trained their nuns in the forbidden arts of politics, seduction and assassination. After the purge, only their Ghosts remained.
- The Goodly Aesthetic: When you can purchase or sell status, you demonstrate the true values inherent to capitalistic society: The ultimate worth of an individual depends entirely on whether or not they are rich. Such seductively reductive systems devalue us all.
- Snow Hog: A heart beats hot blood below thick layers of fat and fur, staving off the cold. Trudging past frozen corpses of those too skinny for this climate.
- The Ancient Red: All of the intelligent species have a creation myth involving crimson water. In both the Aves and Mammalia archeo-cultural branches, recorded narratives tell of heroes drawn into the ruby depths, usually by black cords or tentacles. And they emerge filled with light.