|Unlock Requirement||Level 10 Old Faithful|
|Starting Weapon||Trivial Blaster|
|Primary Weapons||Blaster, Wasp|
|Initial Stats (Base Stats)|
|Steam Recharge||0.8/s (0.4/s)|
+2.4% Armor per Level
+4% Damage per Level
+100% Steam Recharge
+33.3% Turn Rate while superspeeding
In the brute hell of a modern war, no pilot is more valued than the war medic. An aerial repair means the difference between narrow victory and fiery failure
The Medic is a class in Steambirds Alliance.
The Medic has one maneuver, Flip 180°, with a Steam cost of 4. On activation, the Medic quickly spins around, reversing its direction.
The Medic has the following non-elemental upgrade limits (and the associated numerical effects at these limits):
- Damage: 40 (+40%)
- Armor: 26 (+26)
- Armor Self-Repair: 30 (+0.36/s)
- Max Steam: 15 (+15)
- Steam Recharge: 50 (+0.2/s)
- Super Speed: 10 (+0.3)
|Skill Tier||Pilot Rank||Option A||Option B|
- At level 1 with its T0 initial loadout, the Medic will have Armor, Damage and Steam Recharge values of, respectively, ~13.8, 104% and 0.8/s due to the effects of plane and leveling multipliers.
- Overhealing planes for more than their negative health during their death animation will revive them.
Tier 1 (Common) Variants
- Nurse Pepper: The grackle who paints these gives discounts to medics. She'll grumble something, tap her wooden leg and hand back half your cash. The leg is painted with the most beautiful flames.
- Parrot Doc: Before the war there was a doctors guild built on the concept of reciprocation. They never asked for money. However, if one healed you, they expected an equivalent gift at some point in the future.
- Line Medic: When the Empire ground guns began targeting medics, there were no tribunals left to accuse them of war crimes. So rebel medics resorted to camouflaging themselves against the starry night.
- Tiger Mother: Great cats are fiercely protective of their young. The cubs must learn to fight for themselves, but know they can always return home to have their wounds licked.
Tier 2 (Rare) Variants
- Speed Medic: A doctor flies a fine line when they dabble in their own medicine. There are fixes that give a bird confidence, agility, a sense of speed. The risks seem worth the greater good; the self treatment justified.
- Endurance Medic: What good is a dead medic? Balance the risk of saving this one life against the long years ahead where you might save a thousand lives.
- Naturopath: Healers once relied on folk remedies to treat patients. Modern medicine has proven much more effective, but something warm and comforting was lost in the transition.
Tier 3 (Epic) Variants
- Ghost Medic: The remnants of a dead religious order. They heal the unenlightened as a penance. Penance for betrayal of their mistress during her time of greatest need.
- Blue Sky: The soldier is too far gone, so the doctor seeks to comfort: tell me a treasured memory. Summertime, childhood, lying back on a field of grass, looking up...
- Northern Doc: A recluse, his methods are scorned by his peers and feared by the locals. Still, if you've fallen hurt in the woods, you're better off going to him than not.
- Bloodletter: Come, get your humours in balance! Fever, apoplexy, headache? Acne, asthma, convulsions, gout? Indigestion, insanity, leprosy, stroke? There's nothing the sanguinary arts cannot cure. To the barber with you!