|Unlock Requirement||Level 20 Assault|
|Starting Weapon||Science Fair Arc|
|Initial Stats (Base Stats)|
|Steam Recharge||1.6/s (0.4/s)|
|Turn Rate||225°/s (180°/s)|
+2.6% Armor per Level
+4% Damage per Level
+25% Turn Rate
+50% Steam Recharge
+50% Super Speed while superspeeding
~x0.867 Turn Rate while superspeeding
This highly experimental class uses a miniaturized teleportation apparatus to pop about the combat zone. The egghead pilots are derisively known as wizkids --- Old Merlin description, now found on the Emrys III plane variant
The Merlin is a class in Steambirds Alliance.
The Merlin has one maneuver, Blink, with a Steam cost of 11. On activation, the Merlin teleports forward 2 units, ignoring bullets and enemies (but not terrain) between its initial and final positions. Teleport distance is not reduced by Ice slow effects.
The Merlin has the following non-elemental upgrade limits (and the associated numerical effects at these limits):
- Damage: 40 (+40%)
- Armor: 35 (+35)
- Armor Self-Repair: 25 (+0.3/s)
- Max Steam: 10 (+10)
- Steam Recharge: 50 (+0.2/s)
- Super Speed: 25 (+1.25)
|Skill Tier||Pilot Rank||Option A||Option B|
On maneuver end:
On maneuver end:
- Both Merlin 1-A and 1-B shoot a stationary piercing bullet at the Merlin's location at the end of a Blink. The bullet is about twice as wide as the Merlin, lasts for 0.25 seconds and does not ignore its own RoF.
- Merlin 1-A, due to dealing Poison damage, gains +4% base damage for each Diatomaceous Solution (Poison damage upgrade) applied to the Merlin, up to +48% base damage at 12 applied upgrades.
- Merlin 1-B inflicts Confuse stun at 50% potency for 1 second, preventing afflicted enemies from firing bullets and slowing their movement by 50% for the duration. Confuse damage dealt is tripled against stun-immune enemies like bosses.
- Merlin 2-X and 3-A increase the effect radius of the Merlin's bullet-erasing ability, allowing it to remove bullets in a much larger area.
- Merlin 4-B, unlike other Steam-cost-modifying Pilot Skills, applies its Steam cost reduction to both maneuver and secondary ability.
- At level 1 with its T0 initial loadout, the Merlin will have Armor, Damage, Steam Recharge and Turn Rate (Agility) values of, respectively, ~13.9, 144%, 1.6/s and 225°/sec due to the effects of plane and leveling multipliers and the T0 Wiper's passive +1.0/s bonus to Steam Recharge.
- The Merlin's +2.6% Armor per Level leveling multiplier overwrites the generic +2.4% Armor per Level leveling multiplier which is applied to other planes.
Tier 1 (Common) Variants
- Experiment 8: Some wizards are just so...goth.
- Experiment FINAL: The equations from the remaining codex fragment proved more flexible than expected. What we've managed must have been child's play for them.
- Subject: Pepper: They brought her in blindfolded. Told her she had some admirers. It was a special job for special state client and she could never talk about it. She just stared at him until he stopped talking.
- Warning: Flammable: After careful analysis of the ash, the consensus theory involves chained realities; pocket dimensions in a feedback loop replaying a million years of [REDACTED] history.
Tier 2 (Rare) Variants
- Unidentified: ***WARNING*** THE EXISTENCE OF THIS DEVICE IS CLASSIFIED. REPORT IMMEDIATELY TO DMO [NEED TO KNOW] FOR MINDWIPE
- X54: [REDACTED] used the mechanism in the failed fulcrum point assassination June 5th, 18XX. Wreckage analysis suggests extra-historical origin.
- FATAL ERROR: Merge notes: Time-line synthesis failed. Causality breakdown on June 6th, 18XX88xxs....^esc^b MONKEY DOMINENCE ENDS NOW
Tier 3 (Epic) Variants
- Ghost Mage: In the final massacre, as the screws twisted and screams rang throughout the tunnels, one elder was missing.
- Emrys III: This highly experimental class uses a miniaturized teleportation apparatus to pop about the combat zone. The egghead pilots are derisively known as wizkids.
- Snow Witch: She was brilliant. After her advisor took credit for the stabilizer work, she left the project. Our progress faltered until we found her hidden notes transcribed from deep script.
- Missing Symbol: Our research is being quietly corrupted. Something reaches through walls and changes key letters and phrases in our papers. They do not want us to know.