|Unlock Requirement||Level 5 Quad|
|Starting Weapon||Laser Knife|
|Secondary||Aura of Healing|
|Initial Stats (Base Stats)|
|Steam Recharge||1.6/s (0.4/s)|
+2.4% Armor per Level
+4% Damage per Level
+300% Steam Recharge
x0.4 Turn Rate while superspeeding
More mecha than plane, the steam-hungry Paladin slices through swathes of enemies with a signature 50-foot plasma chainsaw.
The Paladin is a class in Steambirds Alliance.
The Paladin has one maneuver, Hasty Retreat, with a Steam cost of 10. On activation, the Paladin moves a set distance backward relative to the plane's facing, gaining an invulnerability shield for the maneuver's 0.13-second duration.
Hasty Retreat has a 1-second internal cooldown which is represented by a shading effect on the plane's Armor slot.
The Paladin has the following non-elemental upgrade limits (and the associated numerical effects at these limits):
- Damage: 40 (+40%)
- Armor: 23 (+23)
- Armor Self-Repair: 25 (+0.3/s)
- Max Steam: 10 (+10)
- Steam Recharge: 50 (+0.2/s)
- Super Speed: 10 (+0.3)
|Skill Tier||Pilot Rank||Option A||Option B|
- At level 1 with its T0 initial loadout, the Paladin will have Armor, Damage and Steam Recharge values of, respectively, ~8.2, 104% and 1.6/s due to the effects of plane and leveling multipliers.
Tier 1 (Common) Variants
- Pepper Chopper: Pepper never talks about her past. But she's got an old tattoo with a blurred name set in the dead center of a flaming heart.
- Armored Suit MRKXII: An experimental set of powered armor funded by a reclusive Lord. The lab shut down after the noble family's mass murder suicide, due to public rumor the patriarch had been canoodling with a pied parakeet. Such times we live in.
- Stars of St. Stevens: To the north lies a small town ignored by most. In a dirt basement, three children dug up a metal chest of glittering star-shaped ornaments. Upon touching the points to their heart, throat and foreheads, they could see time itself. Thus commenced the gentle winter murders.
- Lord of Claw and Fang: In the evening, the flock performs a calming ritual. They keep a cage of mice in the corner, who've been told that this is their way into heaven.
Tier 2 (Rare) Variants
- Lumberjack: The burly birds of the Northern forests use these rigs to haul logs. Fueled by flapjacks.
- Bunyan: When the fire's gone and the whiskey's half gone, they whisper tales. Once there was a bird, as tall as a mountain. And his trusty blue fox.
- Mud Druid: The careful application of poverty is an essential ingredient to any religious fervor.
Tier 3 (Epic) Variants
- Ghost Paladin: There are always those who seek out religion after traveling a rougher path. For such souls, repentance is, by necessity, an ongoing act.
- Iron Gregory: They say Iron Gregory once sliced through 30 feline ships with a single swing of his plasma chainsaw. They say a lot of things about Iron Gregory.
- Ice Paladin: Sometimes the ice is on the inside.
- Pretty John: The ever youthful lord ordered his lone servant to polish his rig to an impeccable shine. Tonight, he is out. On the town.