|Starting Weapon||Colombo Trainer|
|Primary Weapons||Machine Gun|
|Initial Stats (Base Stats)|
+2.4% Armor per Level
+4% Damage per Level
x0.4 Turn Rate while superspeeding
Favored by officers, the [Quad] can hover about the very edges of a combat zone. A smart burst of their signature machine gun dissuades the most villainous of cats. --- old Quad description (now found on the Liaison plane variant)
The Quad is a class in Steambirds Alliance. New players start with only this plane unlocked.
The Quad has one maneuver, Hasty Retreat, with a Steam cost of 10. On activation, the Quad moves a set distance backward relative to the plane's facing, gaining an invulnerability shield for the maneuver's 0.13-second duration.
Hasty Retreat has a 1-second internal cooldown which is represented by a shading effect on the plane's Armor slot.
The Quad has the following non-elemental upgrade limits (and the associated numerical effects at these limits):
- Damage: 40 (+40%)
- Armor: 30 (+30)
- Armor Self-Repair: 30 (+0.36/s)
- Max Steam: 10 (+10)
- Steam Recharge: 40 (+0.16/s)
- Super Speed: 25 (+1.5)
|Skill Tier||Pilot Rank||Option A||Option B|
Speed Clip Machine Gun
Rifled Machine Gun
Steam below 50%:
- At level 1 with its T0 initial loadout, the Quad will have Armor and Damage values of, respectively, ~8.2 and 104% due to the effects of plane and leveling multipliers.
Tier 1 (Common) Variants
- Attache: Why darling, of course we need to go to the party tonight. Otherwise, who will plant the bomb?
- Pepper's Pad: There's a lady who paints flames on planes. That's her thing. She's got a bit of a following with the aficionados.
- The Liaison: Favored by officers, the Liason can hover about the very edges of a combat zone. A smart burst of their signature machine gun dissuades the most villainous of cats.
- Animal Quad: Why do birds make such good pilots? The answer is monocular vision. The ability to track targets in full 360 with both eyes moving independently is a critical advantage in combat.
Tier 2 (Rare) Variants
- Speed Quad: It looks fast. Amazing what a little tin and a clever paint job can do.
- Power Quad: Beefed up engines produced an intense thrumming that causes beaks to vibrate. Originally favored by unlicensed racers, chop ships still make 'em if you can find the parts.
- Dirt Devil: This grimy little beater was used for speed trials in the salt flats. That alkaline dust is near impossible to wash out. A little bit shakes off each time the engine turns over.
Tier 3 (Epic) Variants
- Ghost Quad: Silence falls across the sky as a lone quadcopter emerges from the clouds. Necks crane. Heartbeats slow. The ghosts have arrived.
- Ornithopter: An esoteric engine system that lift with a flapping motion rather than typical spinning props. Too expensive and high-maintenance for large scale production.
- Snowcopter: Originally used in mountain rescue by the Bernard family. Rumor has it they refused to give their allegiance to the empire. We found their quads abandoned in a remote hangar, still greased up against the cold. Ready to go.
- Coward's Lament: He built this plane piece by piece, using the work as an excuse to avoid enlisting. A finely-tuned fighting machine and the pilot too terrified to fly it.