|Unlock Requirement||Level 15 Quad|
|Starting Weapon||Science Fair Arc|
|Secondary||Aura of Defense|
|Initial Stats (Base Stats)|
|Max Speed||2.6 (3.0)|
|Super Speed||5.1 (6.0)|
+2.4% Armor per Level
+4% Damage per Level
x0.85 Max Speed and Super Speed
x0.4 Turn Rate while superspeeding
The Bright Lady of the Sky. All rally to the charging Shieldmaiden as she boosts the armor of those who follow her into the fray.
The Shieldmaiden is a class in Steambirds Alliance.
The Shieldmaiden has one maneuver, Dash, with a Steam cost of 8. On activation, the Shieldmaiden rushes forward a set distance relative to the plane's facing.
The Shieldmaiden has the following non-elemental upgrade limits (and the associated numerical effects at these limits):
- Damage: 40 (+40%)
- Armor: 30 (+30)
- Armor Self-Repair: 25 (+0.3/s)
- Max Steam: 10 (+10)
- Steam Recharge: 50 (+0.2/s)
- Super Speed: 25 (+1.5)
|Skill Tier||Pilot Rank||Option A||Option B|
A Lady's Touch
- Shieldmaiden 1-A raises Max Speed from 2.6 to 3.06.
- Due to Super Speed's relationship with Max Speed, the skill also applies its +20% modifier to base Super Speed, raising it from 5.1 to 6.12.
- At level 1 with its T0 initial loadout, the Shieldmaiden will have Armor, Damage, Max Speed and Super Speed values of, respectively, ~8.2, 104%, ~2.6 and 5.1 due to the effects of plane and leveling multipliers.
Tier 1 (Common) Variants
- Lady of the Shield: Pepper met Her when she rolled up to the garage in the family roadster. Crisp cropped crest, rose beak. Love at first sight. Amazing how many tuneups a car needs.
- Guardian of Virtue: There's nothing saying girls shouldn't like girls. But there's a time and place. Proper courtship still matters.
- The Governess: She was quite strict with her impetuous charge. Given their predilections, it was perhaps inevitable the relationship took a non-traditional turn in later years.
- The Cub: She knew which buttons to push.
Tier 2 (Rare) Variants
- Shieldprincess: This rig, she glows. Back when only the old-lines kept up their mecha, the Shieldprincess was passed down from mother to daughter. Those ceremonies died with the Empire.
- Shieldqueen: An older woman is a force to be reckoned with. Only young idiots believe otherwise.
- Urban Sylph: The war, the deaths. She needed to escape. The music was too loud. They locked gazes and there was the briefest of nods.
Tier 3 (Epic) Variants
- Ghost Maiden: Beside every throne is a shadow, cast aside due blood and betrayal. She trains each night and builds her quiet alliances with the cult of Avem. Knowing that one day, her kin will need her. And she will ask for her due.
- Shield Wench: There's a certain type of mechanic who enjoys working on Shieldmaiden rigs. Often a bit gruff, but with a kind heart. The sort that understands, even if society doesn't.
- Ward of the State: We act out so terribly during our teenage years.
- Shield Empress: The Bright Lady of the Sky. All rally to the charging Empress as she boosts the armor of those who follow her into the fray.